Barrow Park Easter egg roll
Last updated at 15:32, Monday, 18 April 2011
HUNDREDS of children took part in a mammoth Easter egg roll.
Children and parents from Action for Children centres from Walney to Ulverston went to Barrow Park to take part in the fun.
More than 350 children lined the path leading up to the bandstand in the park, with each roller receiving a chocolate Easter egg for participating.
Dave Morrison, manager of the Greengate and Newbarns Children’s Centres, said it was the busiest egg roll he can remember.
He said: “We have done similar events for a number of years. It’s not just about the kids decorating the eggs, it is the social interaction that comes with that and it gives the chance for parents from other children’s centres to meet each other.
“The day was extremely busy. I have never seen a queue like it before.
“It was the busiest egg roll we’ve held for a number of years. I don’t think people realised just how much goes on in the park too, so it was nice to see them spending the afternoon in the fresh air. Each of the children’s centres has different things going so it was a good chance for us to promote our events.”
First published at 13:09, Monday, 18 April 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Broughton news
- Cumbria farm thieves swipe £1,300 of tools
- Cumbria police launch appeal after lorry crash on A595
- Tree thieves strike in South Cumbria
- Tributes paid to former Evening Mail editor who ‘fell in love with Cumbria’ (1 comment)
- Double joy as watchdog praises Cumbria primary and pre-school
- A595 Cumbria reopens after fatal crash
- Social media crimes in Cumbria on the increase
- Cumbria parents raise £2,000 in thanks to medics who saved their son (1 comment)
- Heavy rain set to hit Cumbria today
- Brave Cumbria girl Katie up for Evening Mail award
- Millom School pays tribute to teenager who died after shooting
- Chainsaw theft from Cumbria shed
- Arabian adventure awaits for graduate from Cumbria
- Broughton beer festival to take place this weekend
- Millom and Broughton Agricultural Show
- Four cautioned for illegal fox hunting
- Power cuts hit Broughton
- Broughton rocker's brush with Jagger girl Georgia
- Cumbria Cold War hero is flying the flag for armed forces
- Cumbria firefighters leave scene of barn fire after bringing blaze under control
- Police crackdown on Broughton early morning speeding
- Cumbria dog survives leap from speeding train
- Families enjoy Broughton outdoor activities fun
- Cumbria County Council election
- All the fun of the fare for food lovers in Broughton
Evening Mail homepage
ENERGY FOR LIFE 5.1k WALNEY FAMILY FUN RUN
Did you enjoy the Energy For Life 5.1k Walney Family Fun Run?
• Click here to pledge to take part in next year's event on September 2, 2012